Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameritron AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ameritron AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?
From: "Courtney Judd K4WI" <k4wi@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:46:59 -0500
I use the AL-572... 4 572's runs a cool kw out with no problems for a whole
weekend. Takes only about 70 watts from my 920 to run it to full output and
it is one of the easiest to tune that I have ever worked with. It's not my
alpha but for 1/3 the price it is a kick ass amp! Thge SB220 modified
version is still a HD amp but no 160 or WARC bands plus the tubes are
getting hard to find! FWIW 73's Cort K4WI