[CQ-Contest] (no subject)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] (no subject)
From: W0uo@cs.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:11:24 EST
W4ZW wrote:

When running QRP, act like you're a normal station and be the band. Less
stuff to send/say, less confusion for the other guy, and everything works
normally.

I couldn't agree more.  I did several contests QRP in the late 70s, early 80s
and found that if I didn't identify myself as QRP, few knew.  I was quite
surprised to be able to crunch pileups on occasion, even on 160.  Best
practice,
work just like other people, pay attention to business, on CW be especially
careful where you place your signal, often + or - 100 Hz can make the QSO, and
try to be where the herd isn't.  Paying attention to these kinds of details
will also make you a much more effective LP or QRO operator.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5