[CQ-Contest] SO2R - How Good is Good Enough?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R - How Good is Good Enough?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:13:28 -0500
I've just spent a lot of effort, and probably too much money, on antenna
switching and filtering for SO2R.  The resulting system seems to work quite
well, at least at 100 watt power levels, but I realized I don't have a good
sense of what experienced SO2R ops and station builders consider to be "good
enough."  In particular, how close to the harmonics of your transmitter
frequency should you be able to listen effectively with the second radio?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on 23 October 2005
Over 3000 contest stations at