Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another view for 1-pointers
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:24:10 EST
In a message dated 11/30/05 7:12:14 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
v49a@yahoo.com writes:
Quite a similar thing might happen with big US stations, because working
domestic stations is always easier. The rest of the World can relax with
virtually
no chance to win...

One way or another, it would be a totally different contest.

Am I wrong?
Right in that it would be a slightly different contest.  Wrong that US would
dominate.  In order to equal a 200 hour on an EU run, I would need to run 600.
 Now, I may be pretty good, but I can't do a 600 hour.  Even allowing a
modest run of 100 DX stations per hour it would be pretty tough to do 300 W/K
from
most stations in the US.

I understand that guys may have varying reasons for not wanting to have the
one point for a QSO in your own country.  However, it would not turn the WW
into just a domestic contest, no more than it has to WPX.  The W/K guys who
luxuriated in 150 to 200 per hour runs of US stations would score way down in
the
bottom of the pile.  It works that way in IARU.  In order to score well you
still would have to work lots of DX for the big pointers...and the mults.

It works that way too in WPX.  I generally score more QSOs than
KQ2M..sometimes by 300 or more.  However, he has more three pointers than me.
Result, he
scores higher.

Possible solution: dissolve the lower 48 US into 48 countries, about equal to
EU.  That would be fun, at least for CQWW.

Bill K4XS