Re: [CQ-Contest] Alumni contesters

To: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Alumni contesters
From: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:17:52 -0000

> Alma Mater W1MX was on in SS, both modes.  I was there during the era when
a lot of college clubs were active, even in HF contesting -- W8UM, W8SH,
W9YB, W1ET, W9YT (my grad school).  A lot of good contest op's come through
those clubs.  I noticed several of the following W1MX alumni in SS CW, and
they have told me a few calls current in contesting that I had forgotten or
did not know.

> W4RX, W2RU, W6OAT, W4ZV (not SS), N6XI, AJ6V, AD1C, ND2T, W1UF (mostly
VHF), W5XD, and N1MM.

> So, did I miss any W1MX alum's, and what other schools are represented out
there in Contestland?

> 73, Art K3KU
> (Old enough to get nostalgic, but young and foolish enough to spend 10
hours working 172 QSOs in SS SSB)

MIT alum N1AU (my dad) was on with me multi/single at his house.  He was
1949 or 1950, five years before getting licensed however.  We are both also
Cornell alums (him 1948, me 1976).  I saw W2CXM Cornell ARC spotted but
didn't work them.
We also worked W9YT, W8SH, and W8UM.  We worked a few other "S" stations
that I didn't recognize, and for fun I asked each of them what the school
was.  One was Nacogdoches High School in east Texas.  Another was a trade
school in Washington.  What school was KB0VVT ?  I didn't ask...

                                                        Stu        KC1F