[CQ-Contest] Meaningful 3830 posts

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meaningful 3830 posts
From: "VA3NR" <va3nr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 18:30:11 -0500
Hello contesters:

With CQ WW getting very close, I wanted to make a friendly suggestion.  I find
it very helpful when people include some additional information in their 3830
posts, rather than just the bare minimum.  Some of the posts are very
entertaining and that's terrific - thanks for those.

I realize not everyone is able or will choose to write a lengthy soapbox, but
listing the antennas used during the test, hours at the rig, and including the
rate sheet should be pretty painless for most everyone.  This is not just for
big-guns.  After a big test, its also fun to read the posts from the
part-timers or severely antenna-restricted to maybe see why you missed some
QSOs, or maybe learn what was the smallest antenna you pulled out of the noise
on 160...etc.

Sharing this information and maybe giving out some subtle hints at your
strategy will help us all become better operators and that's more fun for
everyone.

Hope to hear you all this weekend.  GL & have fun.

73, Chris VA3NR.