Re: [CQ-Contest] Making the most of 40M SSB

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Making the most of 40M SSB
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:55:52 -0700

>A newbie question:

> A question for the veterans,,,  How can I make better use of 40M on SSB?

Hi Guy

Well, I think the biggest thing will to just forget trying to work much DX
on Friday night.  There are so many other stations calling, you will just be
a noise in the far background (know this from experience, even when running
500 watts and 3 verticals).  Later on Saturday night, the bedlam seems to
quiet down a bit and us "l'il pistols" have a lot better chance of getting
through.  73
Tom W7WHY