[CQ-Contest] MFJ434 voice keyer woes

To: smc@w9smc.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MFJ434 voice keyer woes
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:10:11 EDT
Hey all, while setting up for todays Illinois QSO party, I noticed my new
mfj voice keyer was tuning the VFO on my FT1000MP Field downward. I checked all

connectors, thenm popped the hood on the MFJ. I found all jumpers int he
correct  place, so, I figured I'd pull them one at a time until the problem
cleared.  There is a 3-position jumper called JMP2, that has a setting for
Yaesu &
ICOM/Kenwood. First off, what does this do? Anyone know? I pulled the jumper,
& it stopped the VFO. Seems to work fine with no jumper installed, so, I'm
going to use it that way.

But, what I want to know, is what the heck does JMP2 on this thing? I can't
find any feature that is affected so far. Audio is fine, memories are
fine....maybe it enables the mike installed on the front of the MFJ to tune the
 VFO
up or down??

Hope to see you all on the ILQP this afternoon! Work us often, we are going
to have some very dedicated op's in mobiles (with gas at almost $3/gallon!),
so  get on & make it worth their efforts!

73! Chuck KI9A