[CQ-Contest] Who Is The Loudest of Them All?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Who Is The Loudest of Them All?
From: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:18:04 -0700
Last year, I asked after the fact for feedback on comparative 6-land station
strengths during the California QSO Party.  It seems like the ideal chance
to get real world thoughts with lots of 6's active on relatively un-crowded
bands.

Several people suggested that if I had asked beforehand, they might have
taken some notes, but that they didn't remember well afterwards.

So, here is my plea.  If you have a chance this weekend, please take some
notes on relative signal strengths of the various "serious" 6's on for the
CQP.  You should hear and work most of us on 3-5 bands, both modes.  After
the contest, drop me a note and let me know what you heard. I will summarize
for the CA crowd.

To be clear, I'm not looking to make this into some sort of "mine is bigger
than yours" event.  I know that I would find it interesting to hear how I
compare in signal strength to other CA stations - as input to my never
ending attempts to design and build a better contest station.  For example I
suspect that I am (on average) relatively weaker on 20 than I am on 40 - but
I have no way to know for sure.  I assume others would take this information
in the same spirit.

Thanks in advance for your input, and see you all this weekend!

                        ***dan, K6IF, Mendocino County