[CQ-Contest] Post-Contest Log Analysis

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Post-Contest Log Analysis
From: "Tim Makins" <tim.ei8ic@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:42:40 +0100
I'd like to ask all of you about post-contest log analysis: the examination
of a log after it has been submitted, in order to evaluate and improve
contest performance.

No doubt all the big guns go through their logs in a variety of ways to
learn how they could do better next time. The techniques they use, the
statistics they derive, and the questions they are able to answer by
analysing their logs would, I am sure, be of interest and use to other
contest operators as well, no matter which class they enter.

If you have any tips, techniques, or ideas about analysing logs, please
share them with us.

If you can think of results that an idea log-analysis program could give you
if you had such a thing, please tell us.

73s Tim EI8IC
http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/
Ham Map Heaven. Contester Resources.
Free zone maps, and contest bandplans
The most comprehensive free prefix maps on the web
Free IOTA Beam-Heading tool