Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: "Michael J. Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:10:30 -0400
 Steve: Repeating a call back, to me is key to knowing the exchange was
successful. Numerous times, on ssb, I call a "high-rate" station, we go back
and forth a few times,  and each time he gets my call incorrect (but copied
my exchange). Then, on next go round, he comes back with "QSL, QSL" without
repeating my call. I get the feeling he blew me off to get back to keeping
his rate up. So I log it based on what I heard, he does not because he never
got my call correct and blew me off, and, I lose the QSO! Maybe I'm just
paranoid--but that doesn't mean its not happening. --Mike, WV2ZOW
(Yeah--call is worth a few dB in the prefix contest, but its an albatross in
the rest!)