Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:59:14 -0700
> Bill, K4XS, wrote:
>>
>> To run with the big dogs, you have to be a big dog.
>>  If you're not a greyhound...tough!
>
> What I am advocating, along with others, is that "former" greyhounds (now
> on 3 legs), be allowed to still run competitively with the other 3-legged
> "greyhounds", but in a "3-legged Greyhound Category'", vs. laying on the
> sidelines, or worse yet, being relegated to the pound and extermination.
>
> 73...
>
> Rick, K6VVA

The contest sponsors and admins are already complete booked just trying to
keep the contests running as-is.  They need more categories like a hole in
the head - which they already must feel that they have, having volunteered
to be a contest admin.

If you want a Three-Legged Greyhound category - just sponsor it yourself!
It's easy - the hours of operation are shown in the 3830 results or you can
have the competitors email you their scores and hours.  If you want, you can
on your part is about six to eight hours of time, plus however much time you
choose to spend on certificates or best-in-show ribbons.  The entrants get
to submit perfectly valid scores in the contest, too, supporting their club
in the process.

Contests-within-a-contest are fun and easy.  Sponsors should have no problem
with them because they probably increase participation a little bit.  Just
don't poop on the rug by creating rules in conflict with the sponsor's
rules.

There goes the rabbit, Rick - after it!

73, Ward N0AX