[CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO as contest rig

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>,"ICOM Reflector" <icom@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom 756PRO as contest rig
From: "John Geiger" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:17:39 -0000
I have seen some very good prices recently on used Icom 756PROs, and wonder how
they do as contest rigs?  This is not the II or III model, just the straight
PRO.  The QST review gave kind of mixed messages as to how its receiver does
under contest operations.  I am interested in how its receiver and DSP
filtering perform.  Not really interested in how easy it interfaces with a
computer logging program.

I have had a 756 original in the past, and really liked the setup of it.

73s John NE0P