Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 22:53:29 -0500 (CDT)
DXCC plays by different rules than contest rules.  Martti Laine wrote an
article a couple years ago that was published in QST about being off by
one character in the logs. It's apparently perfectly acceptable to DXCC
people to have a manager correct his log and issue a QSL if you're only
off by that much and all the rest of the QSO info is correct.

One DXpedition's clock was off by several hours and some odd minutes.  I
got a card back from them with THEIR QSO time on it.  The thing is, that
particular band would've been dead here at that time. Maybe they tipped
off DXCC desk that there was an error because no one ever questioned the
QSL I sent in. When you've been on an uninhabited island for two weeks,
you've been alternately baking in the day and freezing at night and
you've had 2 hours sleep a night for those two weeks, anything could
happen.

Also, Baldur's operation as 9U5DX in the early 90's had cards with the
preprinted month on it, since the operation was only for about a week or
so.  But it was the wrong month!  Again, DXCC Desk must've been informed
of the error.

73, Zack W9SZ