Re: [CQ-Contest] Let's change the ARRLDX rules

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Let's change the ARRLDX rules
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:33:20 -0700
From: "Bruce Horn" <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
To: "John Laney" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:21 PM

> At 10:59 AM 4/11/2005, John Laney wrote:
>>For example, SOTB was
>>not a category that could be chosen on the 3830 reporting page.
>
> I've added SO3B as a category to choose for the SP DX Contest 3830
> web
> form. If any others who have already posted their SP DX score rumor
> want
> their class changed to SO3B, please send me an e-mail.

Bruce's comment gave me a bright idea (or, at least I thought it was
bright).

The real payoff for me in any contest is to look at the 3830 results
on Monday morning to see how I did compared to everyone else in my
class. Other sources of results, such as magazines, official web
results, certificates, etc. are just too slow. By the time they come
out, the results are old news.

If there is enough demand, perhaps Bruce could add some unofficial
categories on 3830 for certain contests. One that comes to mind, and
is a recurring theme on the contest reflector, is the addition of high
band / low band categories to arrl dx. Having the category added to
3830 would be good enough for me. Who cares about the official
results?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ