Re: [CQ-Contest] Another LoTW gotcha

To: "Rajiv Dewan, N2RD" <n2rd@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another LoTW gotcha
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:47:48 -0500

On Feb 9, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Rajiv Dewan, N2RD wrote:

I did not realize that backing up the tq* files is not enough if you change computers. You have also to create a p12 file and back that up.

Here is what happened to me: I backed up all the tq* and other LOTW files and changed computers in the shack. Then I got the renewal notice. I tried to follow the procedure and tried to renew within the expiration period. It would not work as I had not followed the proper procedure for backing up.

If you can log into the web site, you can download your active certificates, if you happen to misplace one. Although they do encourage you to save your p12 file and back it up.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901