Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++
From: Olivier Le Cam <f5mzn@win-test.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:12:00 +0100
Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:

I use WriteLog and the W5XD external keyer for SO2R.  One serial port from
the radio and I get full SO2R switching all from the keyboard. Plus it
handles the CW sending and radio PTT. And it has a manual A/B switch and CW
speed control so I can operate without the computer being on.

Can't understand why people mess with any of the other solutions.

I agree with Randy and I'd like to tell you about an even better product: http://www.hamradiosolutions.com/

One USB port, and you get [if your software supports it] an all mode full SO2R switching which integrates radio interfacing (Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom, ...), CW/SSB keyers, flexible antennas and filters outputs, and much more. I really appreciate the ability of switching the headphone configuration (Radio A/B/Both) at any moment of the QSO, which lets the operator configure any SO2R scenarios for automatic headphone switching. And it comes with an excellent support for the developers!... BTW, the EZMaster is also compatible with softwares that don't support the advanced USB feature yet.

On the other hand, for peoples who already have an SO2R interface, the MicroKeyer band decoder (http://www.microham.com/band%20decoder.html) is really a great (the best?) solution.

Olivier / f5mzn
http://www.win-test.com