RE: [CQ-Contest] Guinness World Recordsrecognizeshigh-speedtelegraphyach

To: "k0luz@topsusa.com" <k0luz@topsusa.com>, mail@fkurz.net,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Guinness World Recordsrecognizeshigh-speedtelegraphyachievement
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:23:26 -00
> From: <k0luz@topsusa.com>

> So give me 5 letter crypto every day.

Second the motion.  When you need verbatim hardcopy (as opposed to
"conversation") 5-letter coded groups are FAR FAR easier to copy at high
speed.  Copying without having to "understand" what is being sent allows
the characters to be "reflex copied", almost like a short circuit between
your eardrums and fingertips without being "processed" in your conscious
mind.

Not to dispute the Guinness record, but when I saw 43 WPM I thought it must
be a misprint.

73, de Hans, K0HB
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy