Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation was:LimitedAntenna Height Ca

To: k-zero-hb@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation was:LimitedAntenna Height Category
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:38:08 -0500
I don't think any statistically-significant fraction of nubby-newcomers
(that's who we're looking for here) gets on the air for their first (or
second or third) contest with the notion of sending in a log, let alone
being in competition for an award.

My point exactly -- if Mr. Newbie knew that he didn't have to entice a QSL out of 3V8YY (I hope that's a fictitious call) wouldn't he be more likely to get on and work that one, plus a few more like him?

73, Pete N4ZR