Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick

To: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another gratuitous SS-CW trick
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:30:06 -0500

On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Steve London wrote:

Neither listening before the start, nor warming up a frequency, was allowed
in the 3 WRTC's that I competed in. I think that sets a pretty good example
for the contest community and contest sponsors. I would certainly support a
rule change to that effect.

So are each of us also going to have a referee on-site to monitor all operating activities during the contest period?

WRTC rules make sense within the framework of the competition -- which is limited to a small number of participants. Applied to thousands of contestors, they may be impractical.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901