[CQ-Contest] Low Power = NO $$$ for ANY Amplifier... and $$$ forYour ANT

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Low Power = NO $$$ for ANY Amplifier... and $$$ forYour ANTENNA!
From: "IK2DZN - Claudio Astorri " <ik2dzn@astorri.it>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:24:15 +0200
Hi Gentlemen,

hallo from Italy.

Let me write that as a new subscriber to CQ-Contest it is very nice reading
you and learning small or big tips almost daily.

I think I still own the record for "CQWW SSB - 21 MHZ - Low Power" in zone
15. It was established in 1993.
644.872 points thanking to 1718 QSOs, 37 zones and 112 Countries.

I had a HY-GAIN TH7 on a 67 (sixty seven) meter tower. Tremendous signals on
lower angles.

I am back after a decade of hard work and no time for my passion: SSB
Contesting.

Naturally I'll work next WAEDC and CQWWDX in LOW POWER as I did last July in
HF CHAMPIONSHIP.

Unfortunately I won't have the previous system though.
I am restarting simply from the city QTH with an OPTIBEAM OB6-3M (small but
good!) at 10 meters and dipoles for 40 and 80.

Looking for a farm system in the next year.

It still seems to me that the ANTENNA SYSTEM is EVERYTHING. Do you agree
with me?

Thanks.

Claudio Astorri, IK2DZN