RE: [CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters for M/S or M/M environment

To: "R. Kline" <k7nj@zahav.net.il>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters for M/S or M/M environment
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:12 -0500
At 09:05 AM 6/11/2004, R. Kline wrote:

I agree in principle. However the 30-40 dB attenuation expected appears
somehwhat exaggerated from my personal experience and from what I've read.
Perhaps there is a more involved system of stubs that will do this (other
than a simple short circuited quarter wave stub in parallel with the
line)?????
73
Riki   K7NJ - 4X4NJ

30 + dB is easily obtainable at the deepest part of the null with a single filter. But the Q is fairly high.

40 + dB is easily obtainable with the typical dual-stub filter.  With proper
stagger tuning it is possible to maintain 40 dB over a broader range.
I always use twin stubs--1/4 wave apart on the harmonic to get a solid
30 + dB over most of the band/mode.

I can't provide specific patterns--my notes are all at the Colorado QTH.

--John
---