Re: [CQ-Contest] XML File conversion for Contest Software

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>,CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] XML File conversion for Contest Software
From: Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:13:17 -0700

Has anyone developed a program that converts current log format to
XML?  I am trying to develop at MySQL database and would like to work
in XML

What benefit would XML give you? Cabrillo already delineates the field data in a simple format that doesn't require the overhead of an XML parser. Are you planning to store XML in the SQL database? If you are, can you explain how you plan to do this? To create searchable fields you're just going to have to parse the XML back into the original data fields anyway, so what's the point?

I confess I'm confused about what you're trying to accomplish. Can you elaborate?

--lyndon