[CQ-Contest] Operating phone on crowded bands

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Operating phone on crowded bands
From: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:29:21 -0800 (PST)
WM5R wrote:
>> ...we also need someone to write an article for
>> QST aimed at the general HF audience about
>> operating phone under crowded band conditions.

Certainly with the elimination of line scores, QST has
the room for something like this...

Not so long ago, Ward, N0AX penned a brief "How to" on
this very subject for eHam.

http://www.eham.net/articles/6873

Of course, many of the responses to it turned into a
contester vs non-contester debate, rather than a
discussion of the merits of the techniques described
in the article.

Summing up the attacks on this article:
The anti-contesters take umbrage with any attempt, no
matter how carefully worded, at telling them they need
to learn to deal with QRM (either philosophically or
operationally).  Many of them think their sh*t don't
stink and "it's all our fault".

However, we should be used to that kind of attitude,
and so it should not preclude "us" from penning both a
rebuttal and a "How to".

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com