RE: [CQ-Contest] little radio features I would like

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] little radio features I would like
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:38:48 -0600
Gee, David, I think My Omni VI's have all or most of those features you find
desirable:

1.  Speaker, audio output, audio/mic input, keyer/computer CW input, paddle
input for internal keyer.   The jacks don't duplicate those on the front
(most are RCA jacks), but rear panel connectivity for those functions is
there.

2.  Separate jacks on back allow a keyer/straight key/computer cw input (RCA
plug/jacks)and a paddle input (1/4" stereo phone plug/jack). (PTT (RCA jack)
can also be used as a second input for CW keying.

3.  No Bluetooth or wi-fi....

4.  CW/PTT keys the amp before the radio through a loop through keying
process.

5/6.  Vox, Sidetone Level, and a multitude of other variables are accessible
through either dedicated button controls or menu selections/adjustments
hrough the keypad.

I'm guessing without looking back at the specs that the features 1,2,4,5,6
above in the Omni VI(+) are also carried through in the Orion.

73,
dale, kg5u