Re: [CQ-Contest] TBDC Unknown Grid - don't trust buck.com for grids

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TBDC Unknown Grid - don't trust buck.com for grids
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:51:19 +0000
From the rules:

"Count a minimum of one point per QSO and an additional point for every 500
kilometers distance."

The station not giving out his grid square is probably not a participant, so no
worries about what the rules say about the exchange.

Frustrating to work such a station when you know he's worth double-digit
points, but one point for the Q is better than nothing at all.

I submitted a entry in '97 which included one contact without a logged grid
(I had four of them in '96, but didn't send in an entry).  75 claimed Qs turned
into eight in the final results... eh?

Must have done some serious rubber clocking, QRZ.COM grid searches &
self-spotting that year in order to have the score take such a hit - thank
goodness there isn't a so-many-percent-&-you-could-be-DQd rule in TBDC.

Did somebody sponsor a plaque for Worst Hit During Log Checking?  It must
have gotten lost in the post... ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham