[CQ-Contest] Calls and such

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Calls and such
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:30:28 2003
Well, just gotta throw my teo cents worth in.

I've had my call for 47 years now and to me it's like
my other name. I'd no sooner change my call than
I would change my name. Actually, I would probably
change my name first.

Sometimes in the contests, I work folks that I have been
working for many years and don't recognize them because
of the the new call.

With my call, sometimes I have to give repeats, but most
of the problem is not the call sign.  It's because of the
bottom line.

The bottom line is BE LOUD!!!!

Besides all that, I like my call on CW. And I am getting to
where I hate phone contests. Just wish I was a "good"
cw operator instead of merely adequate!

73, Tom K5IID

"E"  Sorter for the ARRL W5 QSL Bureau
Williamstown, WV