[CQ-Contest] Going Over to the Dark Side

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Going Over to the Dark Side
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Mon Jan 13 14:33:25 2003
Mark,

Well, I guess I'm slammed if I do & slammed if I don't.  If I'd gone on in
lengthy detail, I would have been told by some on this reflector to quit
wasting bandwith; if I'd named calls (as N5NJ and others demand) I would
have in turn been blasted by their friends denying that it could have been
them; I've had it happen before both here and in other venues.  Be so as it
may...

But to answer your specific comments, your are absolutely right, an
efficient contester should have picked up on my second transmission -- the
one that went something like "ER1DA ER1DA de WN3VAW WN3VAW WN3VAW KN" --
that I was not calling him/her, and that I was not even in the contest.  For
the half dozen or so stations who kept calling me right up until the stroke
of 1... excuse me, 0600 Z... despite my final transmissions... well sorry
folks, but "lids" is the only term that comes to mind.  Well, the only term
that I can post to a family reflector, anyway...

Be so as it may, I am sorely disappointed that a few private comments have
tarred & feathered me (based on my original post) as "anti-contest."  For
someone to make such a knee-jerk comment about me... well, if they don't
know me better than that, the heck with 'em.

73, ron wn3vaw

"Doc?  You built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
"The way I look at it, if you're going to build a time machine out of a car,
you might as well do it with style!"
--  Marty McFly & Dr. Emmet Brown, "Back to the Future"