[CQ-Contest] Filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Filters
From: TGARDNER@glcc.com (Tim Gardner)
Date: Wed Nov 20 09:39:50 2002
Kelley,

There is a FAQ for the IC746 that contains a sizable section about filters. You
can see the entire FAQ at:

You need to be a member of the group (or at least a Yahoo member) to retrieve
the file. I'd be happy to extract & send anyone a copy.

Tim - N9LF

>>> "Kelley Shaddrick" <kshaddri@xtratyme.com> 11/19/02 10:36PM >>>
Howdy all,

After working my first SS this past weekend, I'm looking for some advice on
filters. I run a Icom IC-746. It currently has no filters in it other then
what comes with the radio. I notice that Icom sells a couple of different
SSB filters for this radio. One is a 1.9 KHz filter for the 9 MHz IF, and
the other is a 1.8 KHz filter for the 455 KHz IF (I think I have those
right). My questions then are:

1. Do I get both filters?

2. If not both, which single one is best?

3. Is there a third party filter that I should consider (I really don't want
to have to solder anything in place if possible).

Thanks all,

Kelley -- WØRK