[CQ-Contest] Spirit of Rules De VY1JA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Spirit of Rules De VY1JA
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Tue Nov 5 13:54:21 2002
>For the past years, through this reflector, QST, and other magazines,  I
>have told people [my operating habits].

>A concern was expressed that this may not be within the spirit of the
rules.

It is in the spirit of Ham Radio, therefore it *should* be in the spirit of
the rules.  I personally have no problem with a rare one who is beloved (and
needed) by all, who never has a negative word to say to anyone (however
Hyde-like) who behaves in a gentlemanly manner and good-naturedly uses
completely amateur means to make sure it is "no secret" where to find him
sometimes, when conditions are favorable.

This is different from phone calls, mass mailings, internet posts, etc.

If anything, the concern would be that this could be interpreted as a
violation of the WRITTEN rules.  That's a different problem.

*I* think it is clearly in the spirit of our events, J., and would never
fault you one bit, rules or not.

Mark, N5OT