[CQ-Contest] Opinions wanted on FT-920

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Opinions wanted on FT-920
From: fanning@hiwaay.net (Mike and Alicia Fanning)
Date: Thu Aug 29 21:50:01 2002
Does anybody have opinions on the performance of the FT-920 as a =
contesting/DXing rig?  It looks like a lot of bang for the buck, but I =
have not had the opportunity to use one in person yet.  What kind of =
experience does the contesting community have with the 920?  I am =
particularly interested in hearing how the radio performs on CW with QSK =
enabled.  How does the receiver stack up?  Can you live with only having =
one IF to put (INRAD) filters in?  How good is the voice quality of the =
voice keyer?  Is the audio DSP useful?  Opinions good and bad are =
equally welcome.

73,
-Mike, K4GU

multipart/alternative