[CQ-Contest] Use For The Cabrillo Claimed Score Field

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Use For The Cabrillo Claimed Score Field
From: k8cc@comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sat Jul 27 21:01:31 2002
Speaking for the ARRL 160/10 logchecking team, we use the Cabrillo Claimed
Score field an a sanity check on the score our logchecking process
generates.  Anything more than about a 25% difference generates a warning
for manual review.  IMHO, anything which helps us guarantee the integrity
of the log is a good thing.

Certainly this field is not required since we completely recalculate the
scoring anyways.  While its simple for the logging software to include,
Cabrillo converters such as KA5WSS and WT4I generally are not equipped with
scoring algorithms and so are unable to calculate the score.

This past contest we discovered that even some logging programs don't know
how to calculate ARRL 10M scores correctly.  Unfortunately we could not
tell which ones - the programs left no telltale marks in the Cabrillo file.

K8CC