[CQ-Contest] Line Scores in QST - Comments Were Submitted to ARRL

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Line Scores in QST - Comments Were Submitted to ARRL
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Tue Jul 23 09:05:55 2002
Fellow Contesters,

It took quite a long time, but last week as the ARRL BoD meeting was
approaching, we did get the promised Contest Coverage document out to ARRL HQ
staff and to the individual board members. The document can be viewed at:
PDF version: http://www.designet.com/k1ir/Downloads/ContestProposal_071702.pdf
and
HTML version: http://www.designet.com/k1ir/ContestCoverageProposal_071702.htm

About 35 contesters - including ARRL members and non-members, US and non-US
contesters - participated in the creation of this set of proposals. As you'll
observe when you read it, the document goes way beyond the simple question of
how line scores are to be published. It addresses the deeper questions of how
the various aspects of contesting can be presented effectively to all types of
existing and potential audiences.

At this point, we do know that this information was distributed just prior to
the BoD meeting, but we have not heard any specific reactions and we don't know
if or how the proposals influenced voting on the question of line scores.

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir@designet.com
web    http://www.designet.com/k1ir