[CQ-Contest] Re: Travel Cases for Contest DXpeditions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Travel Cases for Contest DXpeditions
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 9 12:04:42 2002
In a message dated 6/8/02 21:35:32 PM GMT Daylight Time, k2kw@prodigy.net
writes:
Kenny speaketh the truth...

Make sure the case you buy is ATA rated, or the airlines will balk at paying
damage claims.

Another tip from my roadie travel log - A nice new looking case gets lots
more scrutiny (from nosy customs guys, security, thieves, etc.) than one that
looks like it routinely travels. To give your gear that "used/travelled"
look, get some stickers and plaster all over them. Rip them and make them
aged looking for more authenticity. Freebie radio station call letter bumper
stickers and things like that are good, as are old worn looking shipping
labels (even if they are fake). After a while and some mileage, you won't
have to worry about it - the stickers will be necessary to hold the case
together!