[CQ-Contest] Question please !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Question please !
From: nat@ajheatwole.com (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Sun Mar 24 10:40:20 2002
> Why is it sent?  I never hear anyone sending /LP or /QRO.
> Tom W7WHY

Probably because LP and QRO stations are more ubiquitous (both
individually and combined as a group) than QRP stations. Perhaps QRP
stations see this "rareness" as some sort of advantage and want to make
it well known (even though it isn't an "advantage" over their
competitors, other QRP stations). In this case by sending "/QRP", about
the equivalent of a 1x2 callsign on phone or CW in addition to their
real call.

Or maybe because QRP stations rarely break pile-ups when they do they
want it to last as long as possible, hence why they send "/QRP" and
often repeat their call several times  :-)   In my view, life's too
short for QRP and life's defiantly too short for "/QRP".

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<nat@ajheatwole.com>