[CQ-Contest] 24 hour category?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 24 hour category?
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue Feb 19 08:54:32 2002
Hi all,
I made the following comments in my 3830 writeup, and received a few e-
mails agreeing. Would be interested in hearing other comments...

As I was unavailable for contesting Sunday, I decided to invent my own
category: SOA HP First 24 hours. I operated from 0000Z-2359Z the
first day (Friday night till Saturday night). I slept for 2 hours in that
period. I think there's something to this category, and would like to see it
be added to all 48 hour contests. First, it highlights operating more than
endurance. Second, the rates are better the first day, so more fun and
less "there's nobody left to work" boredom. Third, those of us who
cannot commit a full weekend would have a way to compete with each
other. Comments?
73,
Barry W2UP