[CQ-Contest] Been there, done that - felt 1" tall....

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Been there, done that - felt 1" tall....
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri Feb 1 03:48:51 2002
"Would this be a feeling like the one that overwhelmed me the other
day when I moved off a DX station's the other day, and called
another DX station for 20 minutes before realizing I was on split and
never moved VFO B??"

I hate when that happens...next question is did you look around the shack to
see if anyone "saw you"...and then it dawned on you that probably thousands
had!  Bummer, man.  Of course with your awesome top band station I would
have figured you were calling something I couldn't even hear :-)

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Have you put something back into contesting?

In ARRL Bulletin #7 of 2,002,  the summary of the January 2,002 meeting of
the ARRL Board of Directors the following was stated:

The Board said it also wants to evaluate ''variations and
alternatives'' to the proposal.

What proposal? Elimination of printed line scores in contest write-ups in
QST.

Become active in your local contest club and help to come up with
"alternatives"