[CQ-Contest] Band-pass filters -- insertion loss

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Band-pass filters -- insertion loss
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu May 3 09:19:05 2001
In some current research on SO2R, I was reminded recently that nothing's
for free.  One well-known SO2R op commented that he got only 80 watts out
of the bandpass filters that follow his 100-watt class radios, which in
turn means he can not drive his 3-500Z amps to full output.

Is this typical of the bandpass filters available today -- ICE, Dunestar,
Array Solutions?  Anything to choose among them in this respect, or others?

Thanks in advance.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database