[CQ-Contest] EQ9K

Subject: [CQ-Contest] EQ9K
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 7 13:34:19 2001
In a message dated 4/7/01 12:24:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, k7jj@arrl.net
writes:

 >  Thanks to all the replies. I guess I better ask the doc for a hearing
 >  aid!!!!! I can see a mistake like this on CW, but SSB? Wow. Oh, well.
 >  Wishfull thinking on my part as Iran would have been an all time new one
 >  for me.
 >
 >  As I recall the signal was very strong, so it was CQ9K.

Don't rush :-)
It happens that transmitting station, being tired and brains scrambled
announces own callsign as something else, especially expeditions, used to
another call before, quite often "combine" or otherwise mix two calls and you
can get something else. Time to use recording, in order to minimize being
UBNed :-)

Yuri, K3BU