[CQ-Contest] Give that man a HAMMER!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Give that man a HAMMER!
From: w4pa@yahoo.com (Scott Robbins)
Date: Wed Feb 7 09:19:32 2001
N7RX wrote:

 >What I don't understand is why those who take this
 >game so seriously and thus feel the need to argue the
 >fine points don't promote the use of referrees. All
 >legitimate sports have judges empaneled for rules
 >enforcement. I hear rules violations and
 >unsportsmanlike conduct almost every contest but I
 >never hear of anybody being penalized. Since we have
 >no assurance that people aren't cheating,I wonder
 >sometimes why we bother to publish scores.

Amen and hallelujah brother!  Sing it!

As a person who is ROUTINELY IRRITATED by listening
to the same guys year after year conduct themselves
in an unsportsmanlike manner (particularly during
SSB DX contests) I say --YES-- by all means if we
are going to take this sport seriously, and I do,
then let's have some impartial judging for major
events.

If it was good enough for WRTC, it's good enough
all the time.

I would be HAPPY to not operate the CQ WW DX SSB
contest to take on a referee position.  My tape
recorder stands ready, sir!

Scott Robbins, W4PA