[CQ-Contest] Frequency stealing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Frequency stealing
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue Feb 29 06:46:52 2000
on 2/28/00 9:31 AM, Mark Beckwith at swca@ionet.net wrote:

> Is it okay for someone, who knows they have the resources (mental and
> hardware) to easily TAKE a frequency from another station who has a run
> going, to do so on purpose and with intent?

I am not Tree or Fred, but ABSOLUTELY not.  That sort of behavior is
completely against the letter and spirit of the FCC regs AND the letter and
spirit of the contest rules.  It amazes me that some people thought it was
OK.  If this is the generally accepted norm, then QRP stations, 100 Watt
stations or even high power stations with modest antennas have no hope to
ever have a sustained run because their frequencies will be stolen by the
handful of mega stations out there.  If contesting in amateur radio has
stooped that low, it deserves to be put in the scrap bucket!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden