: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!

Subject: : Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!
From: k7qq@juno.com (Rex J Maner)
Date: Thu Sep 2 06:38:49 1999

Dave K4JRB  wrote:
I have informed Bill and SE Division ARRL officials that I do not agree
that
power level makes checking difficult
so the contest is NOT broken.  Changes just because the power might
change
or someone mis copies the power level is not right.  I have informed the
SE
ARRL Director and CAC rep of my opposition to this change altho I like
the
ITU zone as an alternative.

Dave K4JRB
ARRL SE Div Assistant Director
CQ 160 Contest Director

Quacks""
I agree with this totally.  The requirement for the DX station is to give
his power level.  This could change on a Band if the DX station so
desired. He could decide that to work RI he needs a KW an the next Q
could be W6 only QRP required because he has 500 QSL's from there.
The power report means , THIS IS WHAT  I'm now using. The serious
contestor would probably not do this but there many that aren't as
serious.
How will the log checking handle the mobile station that gets on and
makes  contacts and hits 3 or 4 diff grids over the week-end???

 Rex K7QQ