[CQ-Contest] Single op/maintenance technician

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Single op/maintenance technician
From: n5nj@att.net (Robert Naumann)
Date: Sat May 22 22:49:31 1999
+AD4-  I would compare this to a law enforcement
+AD4- officer in his car. He operates his radio, I maintain
+AD4- it. Two different duties being performed.

Joe Palooka makes an interesting point here.  Are they really two distinct
functions in an amateur station ?

Yuri also makes a good point that anyone who needs to have help will not win
anyway.  He also makes an appeal for operators to operate at a multi to
learn.  What a refreshing idea +ACE-

Multis are not only great places to learn how to operate so that when you do
single op, you know when the bands open etc. but they are also a great way
to have a whole lot of fun +ACE-

Multis are highly recommended +ACE-

73,
Bob