[CQ-Contest] May CQ arrives

Subject: [CQ-Contest] May CQ arrives
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 12:27:53 1999
Front cover photo of K4HF in his neat shack (right here in Raleigh!),
with the normal "fine" details on the Contents page.

Contest related items:
Results - 98 CQ WPX CW Contest
CQ Reviews - AEA CIA-HF Complex Impedance Analyzer
The Elusive Q of Single-Layer Air-Core Coils
CQ WPX CW Contest All-Time Records
Contest Calendar column - Balancing Aggressive vs. Courteous Operating

Other interesting items:
Riding White Water Rapids Maritime Mobile
The Aerial Here Is....., Part II (Part I was in Nov. 98 issue)
The Ends of The Earth (finding the most difficult DX locations)
Those Unsung Radio Maestros - Part I (communications and amateur radio
history)
World of Ideas column - QRP 99, More New Kits and Neat Ideas, Part I

Another PC-controlled radio, this time, the Optocom from Optoelectronics,
covering 25-1300MHz.

That?s all from CQ, however....In one of my trips to the local magazine
outlet, I picked up the May issue of CQ VHF in which there is a review of
the Icom IC-746 HF+VHF transceiver.

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC