[CQ-Contest] Help on choice of CW Narrow filter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Help on choice of CW Narrow filter
From: cwman@juno.com (Fred W Hoffert)
Date: Fri Apr 16 12:55:56 1999
A conservative approach but I agree.  Plus, I find that to actually find
a run frequency I have to hit the 250 hz filter on the IC765 to settle
down between two other STRONG signals.  Won't do too much gud to tune too
far off because of the possibility that those guys may be calling one of
the stronger stations and not me.  I'm sure this has its costs as well
but a better chance of the guys on you are calling you and not the
others.  Yes, wider is better but....

73,

Fred/NA2U
CWMAN...I'D RATHER WORK CW!!!
The ham formerly known as WA0QOA
"Je mange donc je suis."

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:51:52 -0400 "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net>
writes:

>If one is at a beeegg contest station and you know you're the loud guy
>on
>the frequency, working up and down guys ok. However, for us medium and
>not
>so medium signals, working folks above and below the INRAD 400 hz
>bandpass
>is fraught with 3 qso penalty risk. If one doesn't return a call to
>an
>off-frequency station, they will either get on your frequency, or they
> were
>working someone else.  The residue that can't figure out how to work
>you on
>your frequency aren't worth the risk.
>
>73, y'all.
>Guy.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]