[CQ-Contest] Hear and be heard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hear and be heard
From: dennisv@qualcomm.com (Dennis Vernacchia)
Date: Thu Mar 11 18:10:13 1999

        I don't mean to be rude or flippant but can you list
some of the other ways to control the pile-up
other than not giving your call. I realize you can go by
call areas. What else? I am sure some of the newbies
will also appreciate yor response.

73, Dennis N6KI

 At 07:45 AM 3/12/99 -0700, N7DF wrote:
>I used to teach defensive driving classes.  One of the things we always
tried to pund into the heads of our students was the importance of seeing
and being seen.  If you see the other driver in time you can avoid him.  If
he can see you in time he can avoid you.

>The Corollary here is that the other operator must be able to identify you
in the shortest time possible and you must get him the exchange
information, clearly and unmistakeably, in the shortest time possible to
maximize your rate.  Anything that detracts from this is counterproductive.