[CQ-Contest] Re: Log Checking in General

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Log Checking in General
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (The Gritzmacher Family)
Date: Mon Mar 8 22:54:26 1999
<<<As far as I know, only FIELD DAY logs are not checked...as this is NOT a
"contest."

A contest is a competition.  Competitions have entrants (competitors) and
judges.  Judges should use all the means available to them to rank the
entrants.  The "winners" expect to have their logs judged.  The "almost"
winners expect to have the winner's log checked  using the most scrutiny
possible.  All SERIOUS entrants want serious log checking.>>>

Not to start another thread, but since you brought it up... the first paragraph
ing the ARRL's own announcement of last year's Field Day calls it a
"competition." By your own logic, that makes it a "contest."

Or is a contest a competition, but a competition not always a contest?  :-)

Or maybe if we tell enough people that it is "not-a-contest" then we can get a
bunch of anti-contesters out there once a year in a contest, without them
realizing it themselves. Maybe this is just a big joke on the non-contesters?

Repeat after me ( until you believe it ) "Field Day is not a contest.... Field
Day is not a contest.... Field Day is not a contest...."

Gee, no matter how many times I say it, I just don't seem to believe it. :-)

73,

Al AE2T

(Will be contesting one weekend late in June.)