[CQ-Contest] ASSISTED OR NOT ?? ARE YOU ETHIC???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ASSISTED OR NOT ?? ARE YOU ETHIC???
From: dl3kdv@db0bm.ampr.org (Dieter Voss)
Date: Fri Nov 6 14:15:56 1998

> Congratulations to Rodrigo Isola, PY2KC to be honest and tell that he
> used spottings during contests.

>       There are some hams that have marvelous multipliers on his
> logs!!! you heard them going inmediately a spot is anounced to the
> frequency and call the mults and then when you read his submision theay

> are in the    NOT ASSISTED CATEGORY  !!!!  CONGRATULATIONS !!!

>       At least wait some minutes to call the mult after he appear in
> the Packet cluster hi hi !!!

>       Hope all people follow the example of PY2KC and many others,
> especially from SA (PY).

>       73, JORGE

> --

Guess that you should delete a class that you are not able to control
in any circumstances.
Nowerdays nearly everybody has the chance and equipment to get cluster
spots in a contest (HF-Link, Packet Radio, Internet). In my mind
Cluster-Informations should be allowed for every single OP. So
there would be no assisted class anymore.
Then it is everybodys choice if to use spots or not. I tell you that
in the last CQWW made from DL the spots were not usefull anymore, cause
after a spot it takes seconds to start a tremendous pile-up in which
you would only waste your time for searching "lonely" mults.
Saying it harder: If you don't want anybody working the DX on the
lowbands: spot them (after you worked them).

73 Dieter, DL3KDV