[CQ-Contest] '98 NAQP RTTY team competition

Subject: [CQ-Contest] '98 NAQP RTTY team competition
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Mon Jul 6 14:27:29 1998
Hi all, RTTY NAQP contest is just two weeks away. I'm a little late making
the team announcement. I have been out of town quiet a bit lately. (The
NAQP RTTY Rules are below..)

We need to get team computition going now. Send a list to the reflector
or to me direct and I will list the teams on the RTTY reflector.

Next we have all new plaques this year. They be in the same format at
the WPX/CQ/RJWW plaques. Last year we had Single/Opr plaque, Multi/Two
Plaque, the new DX plaque. This year we have added a new plaque especially
for the guys that don't really try to win a category plaque. Eddie G0AZT
is sponsoring the best name plaque for North American stations. If you can
think of a real slick name to send you very well may win a plaque. The name
must be 10 letters or less, and be rated PG.. (Thats somewhat better than a
G rating. hi) I'm trying to think of a name that will at least get a laugh
if nothing else. :-)

Get your teams together and send the list to me. If you don't have a full
five member team don't worry about it send what you have.  Many will get
in touch with you to get on a team..

Naturally we what to have as many CW/SSB ops as in years past. Please join
us we have a lot of fun and action..

Software for RTTY NAQP: You you don't have S/W to do the RTTY you can get
RTTY by WF!B, OH2GI Ham-System, WriteLog Contest S/W for Windows any of
these three will do a good job for you.. There may be others I don't know
of..
---------------------NAQP RTTY Contest Rules--------------------------

           -+- North American RTTY QSO Party (NAQP) -+-
                    Third full weekend in July
            Sponsored by National Contest Journal (NCJ)

          1800 UTC July 18th to 0600 UTC July 19th,1998

 1) ELIGIBILITY: Any licensed radio amateur may enter.

 2) OBJECT: To work as many North American stations and/or other stations,
            if you are in North America, as possible.
            Non North American stations can only work N.A. stations for
            multiplier and points credit.

 3) ENTRY CLASSES:
    Single Operator, 150 watts maximum output.
    Multi-operator, two transmitters, 150 watts maximum output.

    Multi-operator stations must keep a separate log for each transmitter,
    and can operate for the entire 12 hour period,however they MUST remain
    on a selected band for at least 10 minutes. (10 minute rule).

    Single operator stations may only operate 10 out of 12 hours.
    Off times must be at least 30 minutes in length and must be clearly
    marked in the log.

    Use of helpers or spotting nets by single operator entries is
    NOT permitted. Single operator entrants may only have one transmitted
    signal at a time.

 4) MODE: RTTY only.

 5) BANDS: 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters only. You may work a station
           once per band.

 6) EXCHANGE: Operator name and station location (state, province or
               country).

 7) POINTS: One point for each valid contact.

 8) MULTIPLIERS: US states, including KH6 and KL7, Canadian Provinces
                 and other North American countries.
                 Canadian Provinces are: British Columbia, Alberta,
                 Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick,
                 Nova Scotia, PEI, Labrador, Yukon, and NWT.

   Do not count USA, Canada, KH6 or KL7 as countries. Non-North American
   countries do not count as multipliers but may be worked for QSO credit.

   North American Station: Defined by the rules of the CQWW DX Contests
   with the addition of KH6.

 9) VALID CONTACT: A valid contact consists of a complete, correctly
    copied and legibly logged two-way exchange between a North American
    station and another station.
    Proper logging requires including the time of each contact.
    Regardless of the number of licensed call signs issued to a
    given operator, one and only one call sign shall be utilized during
    the contest by that operator.

 10) SCORING: Multiply total valid contacts by the total number of
              multipliers worked on each band.

 11) LOGS:(1) A summary sheet showing the number of valid contacts and
              multipliers by band, total contacts and multipliers, total
              score, team name (if any), power output, name, call sign and
              address of the operator, station call sign and station
              location.
          (2) A complete legible log of all contacts (including dupes
              marked as such) with indication of multipliers claimed.
          (3) A separate check sheet for each band.
          (4) A list of all claimed multipliers worked on each band.

 Logs, summary sheets and check sheets may be home made or patterned after
 those published periodically in the NCJ. Logs may be submitted on disk in
 the form of files generated (.ALL .SUM etc) by WF1B program or MS-DOS
 ASCII files consisting of all information in (1)-(4) above if generated
 from a program other than RTTY by WF1B, No (.BIN files please). All
 entries should include a written, signed statement of "Fair and Ethical
Operation".

 Send North American QSO Party RTTY logs to:
      Ron Stailey, K5DJ
      504 Dove Haven Dr.,
      Round Rock, Tx 78664-5926.
      USA

     E-mail logs to: k5dj@easy.com

     Entries must be postmarked not later than 30 days after the party to
     be eligible for trophies and awards.

 12) TEAM COMPETITION: Team competition is limited to a maximum of 5 single
     operator stations as a single entry unit. Groups having more than
     5 members may submit more than one team entry.
     PRE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT:
     To qualify as a team entry, the name, call sign of each operator,
     and call sign of the station operated, should the operator be a guest
     at a station other than his own (e.g. K1NG op by WF1B), must be
     registered with K5DJ.
     The team registration information must be in written, telegraphic or
     e-mail (k5dj@easy.com) form and must be received before the start of
     the NAQP.
     There are neither distance nor meeting requirements for a team entry.
     The only requirement is pre-registration of the team.

 13) PENALTIES and DISQUALIFICATION: For each unmarked duplicate QSO, you
     lose that contact plus an additional three contacts. For each QSO for
     which you are not in the other stations log, you lose that QSO plus
     an additional one contact. For each QSO for which the log data is
     incorrectly copied in any respect, you lose that contact. Entries
     wit score reductions greater than 5% will be disqualified.
     Any entry may be disqualified for illegibility, illegal or
     non-ethical operation.
     Such disqualification is at the discretion of the NCJ Contest Review
     Committee.

 14) AWARDS: A plaque will be awarded for the highest score in each of the
             following categories.

      Single operator NA:     Sponsor Glenn Vinson, W6OTC
      Multi  operator NA:     Sponsor RTTY by WF1B
      Single operator DX:     Sponsor Will Angenent, KN6DV
     *Best Name* used in NA:  Sponsor Eddie Schneider, W6/G0AZT

 *** The name must be rated PG and not contain more than 10 letters.***

   73, de Ron K5DJ