[CQ-Contest] Rotator Control Box Hum

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rotator Control Box Hum
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (k4ro@k4ro.net)
Date: Sun Apr 12 09:58:21 1998
A few months ago I asked:

>My Tailtwister rotator control box produces a very bad hum while
>the brake is released.  Any suggestions on how to reduce this?

Some of you asked for a summary of responses.  There were a few,
but none cured the problem.  Today I tried something ridiculously
simple - I used a "ground lifter" to float the ground on the
Tailtwister rotator control box.  The very annoying hum is now
100% gone.  Can't believe I didn't try this earlier, as I use
this "technique" often with music gear to cure ground loop
problems.  Sometimes the solutions are right in front of our nose.

-Kirk  K4RO